Myres Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI)
Why Myres Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?
The purpose of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) personality inventory is to make the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung understandable and useful in people's lives. The essence of the theory is that much seemingly random variation in the behaviour is actually quite orderly and consistent, being due to basic differences in the ways individuals prefer to use their perception and judgment.
MBTI is the identification of basic preferences for each of the four dichotomies specified in Jung's theory, see below.
Favourite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world? This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).
Do you prefer to focus on the basic information you take in or do you prefer to interpret and add meaning? This is called Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).
When making decisions, do you prefer to first look at logic and consistency or first look at the people and special circumstances? This is called Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).
In dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided or do you prefer to stay open to new information and options? This is called Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).
Your Personality Type:
When you decide on your preference in each category, you have your own personality type, which can be expressed as a code with four letters.
All types are equal:
The goal of knowing about personality type is to understand and appreciate differences between people. As all types are equal, there is no best type.
The MBTI instrument sorts for preferences and does not measure trait, ability, or character.
MBTI can be used on a one to one as part of coaching or within a team dynamic.
What we do
Every Client is different, therefore every coaching assignment will be different, but some of what is generally included is:
- Identify what is at the heart of any current challenges
- Take individual or team through MBTI questionnaire
- Help individuals to recognise their personal strengths & strengths of others
- Understand how to use their strengths effectively & identify blind spots
- Identify rewarding environments to increase productivity
- Explore options for moving forward as an individual or team
How Myres Briggs Type Indicator works
MBTI can be facilitated in groups or individually to help you understand your true self & how you can work best with your strengths & understand others.
Like all our services this can be tailored to meet your needs. Most commonly though it takes the form of a workshop which includes:
- Consult with you to discuss individual or team objectives & access that MBTI is the correct tool to support these objectives
- For Individuals – a half day coaching session, with coaching follow up options if required
- For Teams - a bespoke one or two day workshop based on the team requirements
- MBTI workbooks provided for all individuals
- Team Composite
- Follow up sessions to review objectives or individual coaching if required
MBTI coaching enables you to:
Recognise strengths and how to work with them
Identify rewarding environments
Get in Touch
+44 (0) 7789 916961
Tel: 01962 469334
Mob: 07789 916961